Mold can grow just about anywhere and on just about any thing or any surface. It does tend to thrive in warm and moist environments (making Kauai a perfect location for a mold spore to call home). While it can easily grow on even the smoothest of surfaces it is especially problematic when it finds a porous surface on which to grow.
Of course, the wetter the environment the better, as far as mold is concerned. So, keep a close eye on your bathrooms, kitchens, basements, attics, air ducts, window sealsand anywhere water leaks, accumulates, or anywhere that just tends to maintain a moist environment. This includes outdoor spaces that may be prone to standing water or shady areas that are constantly moist – if you frequently notice standing water near your dwelling watch out for mold getting into your base boards, subfloor or structural sheathing, etc. This can be absolutely disastrous to the building.
Long story short, early detection and proactive attention is always better. Don’t let water sit around or in your house. Consider using a dehumidifier or opening a window or using your HVAC system to try and keep wet-prone areas cool and well ventilated. Also, inspecting your home routinely for signs of mold – via do-it-yourself or professional means – is an effective way of keeping your family home or commercial business safe from the ravages of mold damage.
This is where it gets tricky of course. It’s admittedly difficult for some home owners to perform such vital inspections of their home. It can even be dangerous if you aren’t experienced onladders or comfortable getting under the crawl spaces of your home – who knows what critters are hiding under there. Ok, we aren’t trying to scare you, but the reality is that mold inspections are best left to professionals – like us.
Not only do we know exactly what we are looking for, but we are experienced technicians that are comfortable on top of, or underneath your home – wherever that nasty mold may be hiding. Plus, we are licensed, bonded and insured against accidents, and even critter attacks! Surfaces it is especially problematic when it finds a porous surface on which to grow.
If mold is detected early and cleaned up quickly by experienced professionals, then there is little chance you will be looking at extensive damage to your property. However, if it gets into a porous surface or is left untreated for a little while, it can result in permanent staining to architectural features or furniture, which may be impossible to get back to looking normal even if the mold is removed. Again, that is why it is always better to act fast!
One of the worst-case scenarios that homeowners commonly face (all too often because of letting a mold problem go un-checked) is mold getting into the structural parts of the building. If this happens, you will likely need more than just a simple mold clean-up to eradicate the problem. It is likely you will require a more extensive process called mold remediation and mold damage repair. Depending on the extent of the damage, this may involve specialized removal techniques and even replacing entire sections of your home. Yes, you heard that right – a mold outbreak can actually make it necessary to perform extensive renovations to remove the outbreak and repair the damage.
If that is the case, there is no one on the island better at getting rid of mold and repairing the damage than your friendly professionals right here at Kauai Restoration Mold Removal and Inspections.
We live and work locally. Mold is all we do. That means we rely on our good reputation for helping our neighbors honestly and courteously. So, we will not overlook small issues that will just become more expensive problems later, nor will we exaggerate damage that’s not really there. We simply offer professional service at a reasonable rate, and then back it up with our reputation and courteous customer service. We are here to help!
This is a very important question – one that we could go on and on about. Suffice it to say, mold – specifically black mold – can definitely be dangerous. Very dangerous. Even deadly! However, that is very rare.
The effects of long-term exposure to toxic mold is readily available on the internet. They include things such as:
So, how do you know if you have “black mold” (as toxic mold is often called)? Well, that is where it gets tricky again. It is difficult for a non-professional to differentiate between harmless and harmful strains of mold. Even us professionals, in some cases, mustuse advanced testing techniques to be sure of what we are dealing with.
Not to keep tooting our own horn, but another good reason to let us experienced professionals handle your inspection and removal is that we know how to identify and treat even the most hazardous forms of mold and keep your family safe while doing it!
When you hire us, you can be confident that we will completely, thoroughly and SAFELY solve your mold problem. And, we will be there by your side explaining what needs to be done and why. We will make sure all your questions are answered satisfactorily before any work is started. We will even tell you, upfront, what you can expect to pay – no hidden fees or sneaky business.
Why do we go the extra mile for our customers? Because we like keeping our neighbors healthy and happy and safe from the damaging health effects of mold exposure. Simple as that!
So, if you have mold or mold damage, why not schedule a FREE inspection today?